In this section we will consider the issues involved with current classroom training practices and how you might offer some new approaches in – and instead of – the classroom.
Each page of this section provides some reading and a question to think about.
- Consider the issues with current classroom training practices
- Flip the classroom
- Offer a technology-friendly workshop
- Use collaborative tools in the workshop
- Include real-time quizzing, polling and feedback
- Provide a backchannel
- Build a learning community around an event
- Offer a virtual workshop
- Offer drop-in training, support and advice sessions
- Provide on-the-job training
- Run other types of events