In 10 Critical Competencies For Today’s Workforce (Forbes, 6 May 2021) Heide Abelli lists the 10 critical competencies required to be successful in today’s digital economy. The first is Learning Agility
“Being able to learn rapidly and flexibly is critical in a world where the half-life of skills is shrinking. What is required to become an agile learner?
- Taking ownership of personal and professional growth.
- Adopting a growth mindset and the belief that capability can be developed through continuous learning.
- Identifying and embracing strategies for gaining new knowledge, behaviors and skills.
- Learning from others both within and outside the organization.
- Adopting new approaches to expand the scope of one’s work in order to learn more from work assignments.”
How are you working with managers to ensure they recognise the learning agility is a critical competence for today’s workforce? How are you developing and enabling learning agility in your people?
FIND OUT MORE:
In section 10 – Inspire modern managers – of MWL 2021, we look at what learning agility means, and how to recruit for, nurture and reward it.
JOIN THE NEXT ONLINE MWL WORKSHOP
Supporting Continuous Learning From the Work
24 May – 18 June 2021
VOTE FOR THE TOP TOOLS FOR LEARNING 2021
15th Annual Survey