In this introductory section we are going to look at how work is changing, how employees are changing, and how this means there is a need for a new approach to workplace learning.
Each page of this section, provides some reading and a question to think about.
- The evolving world of work
- The effect of automation
- The effect of information explosion and information half-life
- There is no longer such a thing as a job for life
- The modern employee
- Why and how modern professionals learn
- How modern professionals prefer to learn
- Why the current workplace learning model needs an overhaul
- A new model of workplace learning
- A framework for continuous improvement, learning and development
- A seamless working and learning environment