This is the first FREE section of the MWL 2021 resource.You can purchase access to the full resource HERE by joining one of our online workshops – where you will get immediate access to the online resource.
2020 was an extraordinary year. Lockdown due to the coronavirus pandemic has meant that the world of work has rapidly changed. It is not clear to what extent things will return to the way they were before and whether remote working will become the new normal for organisations, but it has certainly speeded up digitisation out of sheer necessity. In 2021 businesses expect around 40-50% of staff to return to the office, so it is likely that remote training will still need to take place. However, it provides organisation with a great opportunity re-think their approach to learning and development and consider other more ways to support learning at work. This is Modern Workplace Learning (MWL).
In this first section we will consider how people are learning today and how this shows us that we need a new approach to workplace learning, and then what modern workplace learning means in practice.
Why we need a new approach to workplace learning
- The 4 D’s of Learning
- How much do you learn from the 4 D’s of Learning?
- How frequently do you learn from the 4 D’s of Learning?
- What are the most valued ways of learning at work?
- What is wrong with classroom training and online learning?
- A new approach to workplace learning
Modern Workplace Learning in practice
- MWL 2021: New roles and responsibilities
- MWL 2021: A new relationship with the business
- MWL 2021: Re-thinking learning technologies
- MWL 2021: Next steps