Next public workshop runs 1 March – 9 April 2021
Modern training is not just about digitising current training events but thinking differently about what is appropriate for today’s workforce. In this workshop we look at the principles behind modern training, as well as how to determine whether training is the best intervention for a work problem. We will then consider a basic training model in order to modernise in-person and virtual training events as well as create modern training content.
- Week 1: Re-think training in the modern workplace
- Week 2: Is training the right intervention to solve a problem?
- Week 3: Design modern approaches to in-person training
- Week 4: Run effective live virtual training
- Week 5: Create flexible content
- Week 6: Offer micro-training
HOW THE WORKSHOP RUNS
Please note that this is not a traditional course; it is an active and interactive social workshop so you will be creating things and sharing your work with others. Each week there will be a reading from the MWL 2020 resource plus a Practical Task to complete and share with the group. There are no synchronous activities so that you can fit it into your working week. The workshop is hosted on our Yammer platform and facilitated by Jane Hart.
- This is one of 4 WORKSHOPS that form the Modern Workplace Learning Practitioner Programme (MWLPP).
- Other workshops in the series include further ways to modernise training.
- The content of this workshop is also available as an ON DEMAND block of work. More info at MWLPP.
PRE-READING FOR THIS WORKSHOP
Section 1: Understand Modern Workplace Learning in the MWL 2020 resource
To keep our fees as low as possible we offer a number of ways of payment: If you are happy with a PayPal receipt, payment can be made by credit card or PayPal. This is the simplest and cheapest way to pay and best for those who can expense their fees
- £129: This fee includes access to the MWL resource. Follow the PayPal payment instructions below and select A: Modernising Training (inc MWL2020 access) from the drop-down menu
- £90: This fee is for those who already have access to the MWL resource. Follow the PayPal payment instructions below and select A: Modernising Training from the drop-down menu
- £149: If you want an invoice/VAT/receipt and/or want to pay by inter-bank transfer. Please note payment will need to be made in advance of the workshop date, and also note if payment requires us to be set up as a supplier in your system then this will incur an additional admin fee. Please email Jane.Hart@C4LPT.co.uk.
PayPal payment instructions
- When you click the Buy Now button you will be taken to a page at the PayPal site where you can pay by PayPal or credit card, and receive a payment receipt. If you use a credit card, please note our merchant name is Tesserae Ltd, so this is the name that will appear on your credit card statement
- We will use the name and email you provided to PayPal to set up your account and send your login details, so if this different, please send full details to Jane.Hart@C4LPT.co.uk
- If there is more than one participant, please send the name and email address of each participant to Jane.Hart@C4LPT.co.uk
- If you do not receive an email within 24 hours with your joining instructions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org