Although L&D departments have traditionally focused on training people to do their jobs, research tells us that most of what employees learn at work happens as they do their job – it’s just that they are not aware of it or make the most of it. So, in this 6-week online workshop we look at how to work with managers and individuals to help them get the most out of – and learn from – their daily working experiences, as well as other ways to help individuals develop on the job.
- Week 1: Inspire modern managers
- Week 2: Help workers get more out of their daily work
- Week 3: Encourage reflective practices
- Week 4: Assist managers with on-the-job development
- Week 5: Design on-the-job activities
- Week 6: Use immersive learning technologies
HOW THE WORKSHOP RUNS
Online Workshops are hosted in our Yammer network. They consist of weekly readings and practical tasks where you share your work with the cohort in a group space. There are no synchronous activities so are suitable for any timezone.. Each workshop will involve 2-3 hours of work, but you decide when you do the work and interact with the group, so you can fit into your working life. The workshops are facilitated by Jane Hart. These workshops are therefore not traditional courses, they are as much about the other people who you can learn from.
PRE-READING FOR THIS WORKSHOP
Section 1: Understand Modern Workplace Learning in the MWL 2020 resource
To keep our fees as low as possible we offer a number of ways of payment:
- £129: If you are happy with a PayPal receipt, payment can be made by credit card or PayPal. This is the simplest and cheapest way to pay and best for those who can expense their fees. Follow the PayPal payment instructions below
- £149: If you want an invoice/VAT/receipt and/or want to pay by inter-bank transfer, email Jane.Hart@C4LPT.co.uk. Please note payment will need to be made in advance of the workshop date, and also note if payment requires us to be set up as a supplier in your system then this will incur an additional admin fee.
PayPal payment instructions
- When you click the Buy Now button you will be taken to a page at the PayPal site where you can pay by PayPal or credit card, and receive a payment receipt. If you use a credit card, please note our merchant name is Tesserae Ltd, so this is the name that will appear on your credit card statement
- We will use the name and email you provided to PayPal to set up your account and send your login details, so if this different, please send full details to Jane.Hart@C4LPT.co.uk
- If there is more than one participant, please send the name and email address of each participant to Jane.Hart@C4LPT.co.uk
- If you do not receive an email within 24 hours with your joining instructions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org